With over 10 years experience in offshore software development in india, our development process has been very well filtered and matured based on our past experience and we still work hard to enhance it to meet the future requirement and changing technologies.
Kindly find the few steps of project management process at Graylogic Technologies. Etc
- Once the project is confirmed, then we start gathering the team that will work on clients project
- A project manager [PM] is assigned to monitor the project, the role of the project manager will be to supervise the project and help team and client whenever required, project manager generally works on multiple projects hence does not work full time unless specified and decided by the size and criticality of the project.
- A team leader [TL] is assigned under the PM, TL will be a full functional and dedicated project for your development project unless it is a man month project. A TL is the point of contact for the client for day to day basis and all communication. He is also responsible for the day to day activity and timeline keeping of the project, technical supervision and guidance is also a part of his responsibilities.
- Copy of email of all developers working on your project goes to the TL, and PM receives the copy of TL’s email to keep the track of day to day correspondence and updates of project.
- A project is created in our CRM system as well as Bug Tracking system [Click here to know more], which will be the system accessed by the developers, PM, TL and the client for day to day work.
- The appropriate team of developers, Designers and QC are selected for each project, the size and skill of the team depends on the requirement of project.
- Introduction email of whole team, TL and PM is sent to client along with all required communication details.
Technical Analysis [FDS]
Once the team is defined, the next step is to start the Technical analysis of the project, which is to create a blue print for the development purpose. We call it FDS [Functional Design Scope]. We create following documents while doing technical analysis and submit it to client for approval.
- Mind map
- Actual screens in visio
- Data Dictionary
- Flow charts
Documentations is a very volatile process and hence the types of documents to be generated are dependent on the project size and requirement. These documents are submitted to client for approval, if client has any changes he can communicate it our team and team and get back with the final version. Once the scope is signed, we create the timeline and send it to client, which defines the milestones of entire project.
Once timeline is generated, all the tasks are assigned in our ECOS CRM system, which client also has access to. From that system client can manage the whole project, to find out more please visit “Client access” Section. One the project is in development phase, we talk to client and decide when we should submit the work for preview, as every client has its own need, some needs it at the end of completion of a particular module, and some clients would like to see it on daily basis and would like to preview and comment on each form as they are developed.
So based on clients requirement, we define the release phase and upload the development work on our stating server hosted in USA for faster access. We are very flexible with release phase and can work as per client’s requirement. Once client previews the work, he can either email us or preferably insert the tasks / bugs into ECOS CRM, which allows our team to fix them and that gets notified back to client. In general we release the project in Alpha and beta release, once the beta version is released, the next step is deployment.
Deployment and change management
After beta release, the project is ready for the deployment on client’s server, Graylogic Technologies has Huge experience with hosting and deployment services, so our development goes in line with deployment to avoid last minute issues. While we plan the development we also take deployment into consideration. For clients who are looking for infrastructure to host their applications, Graylogic Technologies can provide very secure, highly reliable and trusted hosting services. We are catering more than 7200 with several overseas customers having dedicated servers with us.
Please visit www.graylogictech.com or contact us for more details.
Once the product is delivered and tested on client’s environment, the product is considered as final delivery, and that concludes the end of software development lifecycle. After project is completed as per clients satisfactions and defined scope, we
- Ensure that all the data is properly backed up
- We send all the source code to client with access to secure server so they can download it.
- We take the feedback from our client to ensure that we understand and improve our system even better.
Still above all this defined approach, we are very flexible and our team is very capable to bend and work as per clients requirement and method.